FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BUFFALO, N.Y.— April 26, 2018—Bak USA, a social enterprise that builds mobile computers in Buffalo, N.Y., will showcase its mobile computers for education and the workforce at Collision 2018 in New Orleans on May 1.
Bak USA was founded in January 2015 by the Bak family: J.P. (Bak USA’s Chairman & CEO); his wife, Ulla (President); and their children, Eva (VP, People) and Christian (VP, Product). Originally from Denmark, the Baks have a vision to change the tech industry and a value system that prioritizes people over profits. The company’s mission is to create jobs —especially for those who have been traditionally disadvantaged—and to open doors to education and opportunity through access to technology.
A local company with global reach, Bak USA is putting a human touch on modern-day technology by making handcrafted computers for students and workers in the U.S. and around the world.
Bak USA’s product workshop — now totaling more than 40,000 square feet on three floors of a downtown facility — pairs a diverse workforce with a people-centric process that utilizes the most advanced manufacturing technology. The result? High-quality, purpose-built computers, each one built by hand by one primary builder.
- Atlas: A versatile laptop purpose-built for education. Bak USA’s lineup of mobile computers includes the Atlas, a 2-in-1 laptop purpose-built for K-12 classrooms. Now in its second generation, the Atlas is for sale through Microsoft Stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico and via Bak USA’s Shop portal. Built to exceed the limitations of the traditional classroom computer with dust-resistant, drop-resistant, and water-resistant durability, the Atlas runs Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365 for Education software with multiple features for connectivity, accessibility, and productivity.
- Seal: The rugged tablet for workers everywhere. Bak USA also builds the Seal, a rugged tablet purpose-built for workers in industries such as field services, logistics, emergency services, and manufacturing.The Seal, now in its second generation, enhances worker productivity in extreme conditions. It’s water-resistant, weatherproof, dust-resistant, and drop-resistant. The Seal is available via Bak USA’s Shop portal.
Partnered with some of the tech industry’s best.
Bak USA is partnered with companies and purchasing cooperatives and partnerships across the country. The company’s premier partnerships include:
- Microsoft. In March 2016, Bak USA became an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of Microsoft. The companies later developed a national retail collaboration and in May 2017, the Atlas was put onto display tables at Microsoft Stores in the U.S. and in Canada.
- Intel. Bak USA uses Intel’s reference designs and chipsets as a baseline for production. The designs are then customized by the company’s in-house industrial design team.
- Esri. Maker of ArcGIS, the world’s most powerful mapping and spatial analytics software, Esri’s apps for ArcGIS work with Bak USA’s Seal tablet to expand workers’ data collection and mapping capabilities in the field.
Visit the Bak USA booth # G104 to demo the Atlas 2-in-1 Laptop for education and the rugged Seal tablet for the workforce and learn more.
About Bak USA
Bak USA (@bakusabuffalo) is a social impact enterprise that builds mobile computers in downtown Buffalo, New York, USA. Committed to building computers, empowering people, and changing lives, Bak USA is reinventing what it means to make it in America. Bak USA: Born in Buffalo. Built for the world.®
Public Relations Specialist
# # #