You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers. So if you’re trying to fix a problem, find a user guide, or just learn more about the Atlas—this is the place for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know which version of the Atlas I'm using?
There are three versions of the Atlas:
- Atlas 12
- Atlas Standard
- Atlas Premium
The best way to tell them apart is to look at the trackpad, the cover, and the charger/USB port. Here’s what each Atlas looks like:
Laser-etched Logo on Cover
Atlas Sticker on Cover
*Black* USB Port
Atlas Sticker on Cover
*Blue* USB Port
- Tell me everything I need to know about my stylus.
You may need to tie your stylus to your Atlas. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove the stylus from the packaging and untie the tether from the twist tie
- Locate the loop at the end of the tether. Pinch the end of the loop and thread it through the tether anchor.
- Once the loop is through the anchor, pull it until the tether label hits the anchor.
- Take the stylus and pull it through the loop. Tighten the tether so that it makes a tight knot on the tether anchor.
- That’s it! You should be good to go.
Need extra help? Watch the video tutorial.
If you’re looking to purchase an extra charger or stylus, click here.
How do I use my stylus like a mouse?
To perform a left-click, touch the tip of your stylus to the screen.
To perform a right-click, touch the tip of your stylus to the screen and press the lower button (the button closest to the tip).
To perform a double-left click, touch the tip of your stylus to the screen and press the upper button (the button farthest from the tip).
The tip of my Atlas is breaking. How can I avoid this?
The tip of your Atlas is called the nib. To avoid broken nibs, make sure that you or your Atlas users are not pressing the stylus/nib too hard against any surface at an angle. Also, if you notice that your nib is starting to wear down, replace it with a new one as soon as possible. If your nib wears down from use, it may become impossible to remove and replace, and then you’ll need a whole-new stylus. To prevent this, make sure you have plenty of replacement nibs, which you can find here.
If your stylus isn’t interacting properly with your screen, you might need to update the latest firmware. Here’s how to make the update:
Fire up your Atlas and visit bakusa.com/downloads using the Microsoft Edge web browser
- Click on Drivers
- Click on Atlas
- Click on Stylus Update
- Click on Save in the pop-up at the bottom of your screen
- When the download is complete, click on Open
- Double-click on the file entitled applyTpF
- Click on More info in the blue pop-up screen
- Click on Run anyway
- Wait a few seconds—then click on Yes in the pop-up window
- When the pop-up screens close, the update is complete
- Your stylus should be ready to go
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, our customer experience team is here to help. Just call 716.970.4110 or email email@example.com.
- My screen is flickering. How can I fix this?
The Windows 10 Creators Update, while generally awesome, may cause your Atlas’s screen to flicker during videos. To fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Open Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab
- Check the box directly underneath Accelerated graphics
- Restart your Atlas
Voila! Problem solved. If you’ve got any additional questions, our customer experience team is here to help. Just call 716.970.4110.
- What does the Atlas's LED color indicate?
The Atlas’s LED will be one of three colors:
Blue: The Atlas is plugged in and fully charged
Red: The Atlas is plugged in and charging
Black (absence of light): The Atlas is unplugged and using battery power
- How do I connect to Wi-Fi?
Windows makes connecting to Wi-Fi really easy. Tap the wireless icon in the lower right-hand corner and follow the on-screen instructions.
Having trouble? Type Wi-Fi (with or without the hyphen) into the computer’s search function and Windows will show you how to connect. Happy surfing!
- What happens if my Atlas gets wet? Are there any steps I can take to dry it out?
Your Atlas keyboard and trackpad are water-resistant, so they can handle being splashed. If that’s the case, just wipe it off and you’re good to go.
But if the whole device gets wet, you’ll need to power it down and dry it off. Then, let it sit for at least four hours—and preferably overnight—to dry out.
- How can I download drivers for my Atlas?
To download a driver for your Atlas 12 or Atlas, scroll down and find the Atlas Drivers section of this website. Then follow these directions:
- Select the driver for the device you own
- Download and extract the drivers
- In the extracted folder, right click the Install-Drivers file
- Select Run as administrator
- A window will open with some text as the drivers install
- Wait for this process to complete
- A message will appear in the window when the process has finished
- Reboot your device
If you need to download the stylus update, refer to the “Tell me everything I need to know about my stylus” question at the top of the FAQ section on this webpage.
If you’re not sure what to download or what to do with the file you’ve downloaded, call us at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line and we’ll help you out.
- How can I purchase an additional charger?
We’ve got the goods. Click here to purchase an Atlas charger.
- Are there any accessories available for the Atlas?
Yep! Click here for accessories, charging solutions, and software for your Atlas.
- Is there a user guide or quick reference guide for my Atlas?
- How can I best manage my Atlas's battery life?
Here’s how to make the most of your Atlas’s short-term battery:
- Close apps and programs you aren’t actively using
- Reduce your screen’s brightness
- Uninstall any unnecessary apps and program
- Turn the volume down
- If you’re not using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, switch ‘em off or turn on Airplane mode
- Unplug external devices (cell phone, external hard drive, flash drive, etc.)
- Clear the files from your Atlas’s desktop
Here’s how to make the most of your Atlas’s long-term battery:
- Use it down to between 5-10% battery life
- Plug it into a charger or put it in a charging cart until it’s fully recharged back up to 100%
You can use your Atlas until the very last drop of juice is gone. When the device shuts down from low battery, don’t try to power it back on until it’s connected to a charger or fully recharged.
- What is the proper procedure for cleaning my Atlas?
For general screen and device cleaning, use a microfiber cloth. If your Atlas is super dirty, you can use an electronics-specific cleaning wipe. Just don’t use bleach wipes. They’re great for the kitchen, but they may damage the screen and casing on your Atlas.
Stay up to date with the latest drivers, but make sure you’re downloading it for the right Atlas device. Please select your device below. Your drivers await.
Warranty & Repairs
Need your computer repaired? Okay, let’s do it. But first, check out the terms and conditions of your Warranty. Depending on your coverage, we'll repair or even replace your computer.
If you have a general question, click here and fill out our contact us form.
First things first.
Tell us what’s going on. Is the screen cracked? Did a button break? To prepare the best solution as quickly as possible, we’ll need to know as many details as possible. Fill out the information below and we will get back to you with how to proceed on getting your computer fixed.