No. Well, sort of. Here’s the thing. Your Bak Board comes with one of two really specific versions of the Android operating system. You can’t upgrade those versions to a newer version. But, occasionally, Google will release an update to your version. When that happens, your Bak Board will let you know and you can download it then.
Yikes! Give us a call at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line. We’ll work with you to fix or replace your device.
On the right side of your Bak Board, about halfway down, you’ll see a little door with a slot in it. Stick your thumbnail in the slot and—carefully—put a little pressure on the right side of the door. Once the right side pops off, put a little pressure on the left side and pop that side off.
The Bak Board is compatible with SIM cards from AT&T and T-Mobile.
Apps for your tablet are available on the Google Play Store. They’ve got thousands of cool apps. We heard there’s even one that’ll tell you where you parked your car—in a pirate voice. But we wouldn’t know…
Here’s how to make the most of your Bak Board’s short-term battery:
- Close apps and programs you aren’t actively using
- Reduce your screen’s brightness
- Uninstall any unnecessary apps and programs
- Turn the volume down
- If you’re not using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, switch ‘em off or turn on Airplane Mode
Here’s how to make the most of your Bak Board’s long-term battery:
- Use it down to between 5-10% battery life
- Plug it into a charger until it’s fully recharged back up to 100%
You can use your Bak Board until the very last drop of juice is gone. When the device shuts down from low battery, don’t try to power it back on until it’s connected to a charger or fully recharged.
For general screen and device cleaning, use a microfiber cloth. If your Bak Board is super dirty, you can use an electronics-specific cleaning wipe. Just don’t use bleach wipes. They’re great for the kitchen, but they may damage your Bak Board’s screen and casing.
First, let’s do a little troubleshooting. If you’ve got a different device that uses a micro USB charger, such as a phone or camera, plug it in and see if it works.
If it doesn’t, call us at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line. Here’s what we’ll be able to do:
- We’ll email you a prepaid shipping label
- Stick your charger in a box, tape it up, and use the label to send it our way
- When we receive your charger, we’ll send it to our team of engineers
- If the engineers say we can fix your charger, we’ll fix it and send it back to you
- If the engineers say we can’t fix your charger and your warranty is active, we’ll ship you a brand-new charger.
- If your warranty is inactive, costs will vary and we’ll talk it over.
If your Bak Board doesn’t look like it’s charging, it might be because the battery is really low. Leave it plugged in for an hour or two and give it some time.
If it still doesn’t want to charge, call us at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line. Here’s what we’ll do:
Don’t panic. The launcher error is a small software error that can pop up from time to time.
For a quick fix, you’ll need to uninstall the Google+ app. Here’s how:
- Swipe down from the notification bar at the top of your screen
- Tap the Settings Quick Access icon in the upper right corner (looks like a square filled with other smaller squares)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps
- Tap the YouTube or Google+ app
Note: If you don’t see the app, don’t worry. Just swipe from the right edge of the screen towards the left until you arrive at an All tab. Scroll down, find the app, and uninstall it.
- Tap Uninstall updates
- Tap OK to confirm
For our next trick, we’ll prevent the launcher error from re-updating the app and causing more mischief. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Search for Google Plus or YouTube in the search bar
- Tap the overflow button (looks like three vertical dots) in the top right corner
- Deselect the auto-update option
If you can’t get it to work or need some extra help, give us a call at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We’ll email you a prepaid shipping label
- Stick your Bak Board in a box, tape it up, and use the label to send it our way
- When we receive your Bak Board, we’ll send it to our team of engineers who’ll take care of the issue
- We’ll send your Bak Board back to you
This is a situation for our team of engineers. Give us a call at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line. Here’s what we
Some apps will cause pop-ups. To get rid of the ads and pop-ups, uninstall the offending apps. Be careful to download only trustworthy apps from the Google Play Store.
Call us at 716.970.4110 or drop us a line and we’ll hook you up!